JC Raulston Arboretum
The mission of the JC Raulston Arboretum is to introduce, display, and promote plants that diversify the American landscape, thereby benefiting our communities economically, environmentally, and aesthetically, as well as provide educational experiences to the general public, students of all ages, and the green industry.
The JC Raulston Arboretum will continue and advance:
- Collecting, evaluating, and selecting for introduction landscape plants for their most beneficial economic, ecological, and aesthetic value;
- The gardens as a living laboratory which resides in and complements the curricula of NC State University;
- Educational experiences for plant enthusiasts, Green industry professionals, adults, and children;
- The arboretum by compelling casual visitors to become supporting members and long-term stakeholders;
- The arboretum by successfully marketing the benefits of its facility, events, workshops, programs, and plant Sales;
- Fundraising initiatives of the JC Raulston Arboretum.
The JC Raulston Arboretum Board of Advisors, a specialized group that functions as a part of The JC Raulston Arboretum and the Department of Horticultural Science, is an advisory body recognized by the Department of Horticultural Science. Its purpose is to advise and assist The JC Raulston Arboretum Director in development and management direction of The JC Raulston Arboretum, and to ensure the success of the institution in pursuit of its short and long-range goals.
Member Requirements: Members are selected for their support of the mission and vision of the JC Raulston Arboretum.
Nomination Process: Nominations are encouraged from all interested parties and are reviewed by the board during biannual meetings.